Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sorry Day - Well the Morning So Far

Earlier this week I signed up to the Change Your Status to "is Sorry" campaign on facebook.
Essentially, regardless of the intention, the policy of our previous governments supported by the people of Australia (whether directly or through apathetic compliance) was wrong.

It's an acknowledgement of what was done and the devastating effects it has had, and continues to have on the families involved.

Today watching the apology from Kevin Rudd, and the presence of the past leaders (With one notable exception) was humbling and very emotional. I only hope that everyone can undertand that as Australians we have this burden to carry and to lighten for the nation. I am glad that I got to experience this with my MIL & O.

I hope that the next steps are strong and true and in the right direction and that political games will give way to strong positive and collaborative action.

End of Message.

No comments: