Saturday, November 29, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane - Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
Lyrics courtesy of REM - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
I love when you find energizing moments when your life is taxing. In the last few days I have had a few.
- Laughter at impromptu humour - myself and a colleague misunderstanding something and realising at the same time, a colleagues silly mistake, another colleagues quick with.
- Spending time with family (playing Wii and the never ending fitness test)
- Relaxing knitting with the crew at Tapestry Craft this evening - great company, the odd laugh, the odd mental challenge.
- Did i mention laughter...
- Oh yeah and great energy infusing music...like REM.
Great day (in spite of some of the stressful moments).
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Distraction, keeping me from where I want to be
Distraction, for a moment or a mile,
The days turn into weeks, the weeks keep turning
So what have I been distracted by
- Work...lots of it a new role and little time to get my head around it
- Family & Christmas plans...sorting the extended family out and where we are going to be when (don't mention presents..eek)
- Alternative Knitting projects....I am trying to make something small for O for Christmas....something small a laundry basket to be felted. I know it's bigger than a breadbox...but smaller than a baby elephant.
- And did I mention work.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
I have managed a whopping 2 rows on my Summer Tee (needing a break midway through the second row). I want to knit to relex my mind as it is all over the shop too, however i just cant physically do so.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
It is progressing quite quickly with only 3 pattern repeats to go before the rib section commences. I am hoping to gallop through it in front of the tv today and with family round tomorrow.
I can then make a late start on the Melbourne Cup KAL (Summer Tee) for which the progress has been to move the cotton yarn around the lounge room!
Tonight I revisited a venue I had not been to in a while.
Many years ago when i was still at the "going out every Friday night" stage (and many other nights as well). I used to frequent the Bristol Arms Hotel (Retro).
The venue is renowned for it's classic music of the eighties (and now 90's and even early 00's).
When I used to go I was much younger and drank way more and danced way more than I do now! No really!
Tonight I was there to farewell a colleague, the music was much more modern (I mean how retro is Sneaky Sound System?) and incredibly louder (or I am just much older and crankier!).
That said cartoons and drinks and laughs were had by all (and I am home before nine!)...I guess that means I am getting older, more responsible or something.
All the more time to knit and be with the family this weekend. Maybe I can finally finish Gabi.
Did I mention I was in flat shoes (none of those mad heels for me, thank you very much!).
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Wedding on a Vineyard, reception at a winery. Drinking at the wine bar in town on the night before the wedding. Relaxing, fun and casual.
I managed to finish the first sleeve of Gabi, and cast on the second, this pattern is working me hard. I am definitely finding the progress slower than expected. I suspect it is also slowed by work eing taxing at the moment.
Knit alongs.38 Morgan Petersha
Melbourne Cup KAL Progress to date (official start date was 4th of November) 0% (Summer Tee)
Southern Summer of Socks - Target for October 1 pair, progress for October 0 pairs (and no progress).