Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Personal Sock Club July Hangover

A belated update on the PSC Hearts and Flowers Socks. I have managed to turn the heel on the first sock by the 4th of August. Not too bad for the July socks.



The pattern is from Wendy Johnsons's Socks from the Toe Up and is elegant and looks great whilst it is knitting up. I am using 2x2mm circular needles for this one and I used Judy's magic cast-on for the toes.

To inspire some momentum I have opened my August yarn which happens to be The Knittery Slim Sock in Royal Velvet with contrast purple yarn for the toe and heel another sock to be knit on 2mm needles perhaps.

Our Sunday routine was on hiatus this week while we spent the day in a Park in Balmain celebrating a friends 50th. A gorgeous sunny winter day...too perfect.


2 comments:

LynS said...

The Hearts and Flowers are looking good - pretty pattern. I'm so fare behind with my PSC. Way past the finishing deadline for one pair without even starting. But I'm on leave for the next week and taking them with me to knit.

DrK said...

2mm needles can feel like a lot of hard work, but those socks are going to be great! im glad i didnt do a PSC, i just know i would still be doing februarys socks!