I have been enjoying the silence on the blog.
The rest of my life has been incredibly busy.
I have enjoyed
- A Tori Amos concert with her and her at the Opera House. A wonderful night with dinner and drinks at the Opera Bar and a fantastic Concert aimed squarely at the fan.
- An impromptu knitting get together with a particular out of towner and a few friends (yes there were more but I am being slack).
- Work Christmas parties and other work associated events.
This week it is dh's birthday (more like a mini-festival) with much events
- Yesterday we checked out the Illawarra Fly as a birthday treat - it has amazing views (yesterday was a tad hazy). The tower is actually ok to walk up being much less daunting than it looks (it's the walk back up the hill that will shock you). The signage from Wollongong is not fantastic and bickering carloads can easily miss the minimal turn off signage.
- We also checked out the Grand Pacific Drive and the Royal National Park which had me revisiting or at least passing some places I spent lots of time at as a kid. My childhood had us spending time on this stretch of coast between Coledale (Camping) and Stanwell Park (picnics and swimming). I in particular love the park at Stanwell Park and the beaches at Coledale and Austinmere are always delightful for a swim. During high School (When cars became a standard in the social activity) we ventured into the national park to Audley (Hiring Boats) and Garie Beach most weekends in Summer.
- Later this week there is nights out with friends, dinner for just the two of us and a family breakfast.
My knitting has been limited to odd bursts on Socks for O and the Mountain view Cardigan (which I have had to undo as a result of guage concerns) which is about 3 rows in on the second attempt.
The majority of my craft time has been spent spinning. Most notably I finally completed plying these yarns tonight. I have also started a Christmas Present for a family member in a gorgeous Carnival Like Colourway from Ewe Give me The Knits.