Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fabulous Fibre Weekend

My big focus this weekend has been getting a few projects I have had on the go finished

First Up was to finish spinning the Ewe Give Me The Knits Merino in the gorgeous wine inspired colourway. It's soft smooshy and light fingering weight. I am now all set to have a project in progress for Knitting Camp this weekend.




I then concentrated on completing the Clapotis in my handspun. (Rainbow connection). I cast it off this afternoon and am looking forward to a light blocking to keep the smooshy factor high. I am totally delighted with the colours and how the transitions work.



Last up I have just cast off the Wast Side Shawl in STR mediumweight. It was put on hold whilst I was waiting for a delivery of a second skein of yarn to complete it having run out a couple of weeks ago.

5 comments:

Rose Red said...

Your spinning really is fab - love the lovely wine yarn!

Go you on the clap! You must have knit and spun like a woman possessed this weekend!

missfee said...

wow - you are a knitting and spinning machine - love the purple yarn - can't wait to see what you knit with it

LynS said...

Like Fee, I'm so looking forward to seeing what you make from the beautiful wine-coloured handspun. What will you wear next weekend? You should alternate the clapotis and the wast so we can all admire both.

DrK said...

beautiful stuff, cant wait to see what its going to be this weekend! and the clappy finished? really? ready to wear i hope!

Sel and Poivre said...

The colours in that Clapotis are wonderful!