Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Camp Update


The wonderful Rae, Chris and Kerry from CR & K Daisy Designs organise a yearly knitting retreat to the Mt Keira Scout Camp. They arrange the location, the timing and set up for activities (such as dying yarn and trivia) and give us the space and time to enjoy ourselves.

Good Company, great knitting and lots of time to sit eat, drink tea (sometimes beer and wine) is a fantastic way to spend a weekend. Much fun was had sitting in knitting circles. The Op Shop Formal dinner was great fun and some of the outfits were spectacular.

I had such a great time knitting, chatting, laughing but mostly just being inspired by the skill, creativity and range of my fellow knitters. Too many to link here....(I have to go to work)

Photos above are
Knitabulous (Since when do royalty carry there own luggage - this is without the knitting/yarn supplies too!)
Bellsknits in the shoes of doom - Who would have thought that 4 inch heels and a hilly bush setting would be dangerous?
FredAstep and Knitdra - elegantly cutting a rug!



My mental queue of projects has gone up as I saw many examples of great patterns and gorgeous knitting and stunning yarns. I may have a aquired a few.


Many others have covered and provided more comprehensive photos- my collection was just 3.

4 comments:

missfee said...

my mental list has gone up too - and sadly I now have the wool to match alot of these

thanks for the great weekend

xx

Bells said...

ha ha ha I will remember that line about the shoes and the bush when I'm admiring my bruises!

1funkyknitwit said...

A super fun weekend and I love your decisiveness in picking only three pics, I'm really not good at this it falls into the too hard basket ;D

DrK said...

ah the shoes of doom. another memorable camp, what a great weekend. lets do it again soon!