Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sydney Film Festival Day 9 Preview

Well over the halfway point with a huge weekend of film (and knitting) coming up.

Today's films offer a diverse range of cinema.

First up from the Sounds on Screen program Genius Within: The Inner Life of Glenn Gould a music documentary a mix of archive footage and interviews has the ability to be illuminating.

Second up this evening is the Iranian offerning Women without Men it captures the summer of 1953. Iranian films are always a treat at the festival.

Finally is Winter's Bone winner of the Grand Jury prize at Sundance and what looks set to be a great thriller.

On the Spinning and Knitting front I have been mildly successful.
A few rows short of the sleeves for the Susie Hoodie I am rapidly realising it is not (well the body at least) festival friendly knitting. I should have a pair of socks on the go! I will persist with the Hoodie as I am hoping it will be ready for Bendigo.

Spinning was a treat this morning with around a half a bobbin filled.

My stats

Spinning: 6 hours 1.5 bobbins
Knitting: 54 rows 51cm measurement
Films: 16

No comments: