Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

FO and Flowers

Let us not speak of the endless Election dramas.

Today I saw these and had to buy them they are just delightful very oldfashioned white roses with a burgandy red trim. They are cheering up the dining room perfectly.

I have had this yarn (Colored Jules Wool on the Web) for quite a few years. Potentially almost as long as the classic Clapotis pattern has been around. 4 skeins has made a gorgeous large worsted weight shawl in blue with purple through it. Blocking today



I have put the bright yellow sock aside for the time being and have commenced (and restarted) the Gossamer Garden Stole using my handspun. Lace on all rows. Yayyyy.

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

heh heh, lace on all rows, you masochist! but doing it in lovely handspun will help I'm sure!

LynS said...

Love the roses - and a perfect way to deal with election despair.

Hmmm - clapotis - looks good. I really think I'm going to have to make one. If I leave it any longer it will be retro!

DrK said...

oh another beautiful clappy! gorgeous. ditto on the roses. i had some like that once, i called them caravaggio roses, very vintage!