Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Monogamous Knitting Gets Results

I have been knitting only one project for the last 2 weeks. My Basic Black cardigan in Tango yarn. I have managed to move from around 4 inches of the back knitted to a completed back, the left and right front and have just cast on the first sleeve. I have noticed the rib sections take a proportionally larger amount of time than the stocking stitch - even with resizing and short rows, they are also more prone to periods of procrastination. Overall it really is amazing how much you can get done when you don't have other projects to distract you. It has really been the best antidote to spending a lot of my time on research and preparation for job interviews.

The Koigu yarn is still thinking about what sock pattern it wants to be.

3 comments:

missfee said...

yay for the cardie - sanity in a mad world

and socks well I just have 2 words...

can you guess?





NANCY BUSH

1funkyknitwit said...

Your cardi is looking lovely in the Tango and is also a very pretty purple, I can't wait to see it finished :)

DrK said...

i havent met a koigu yarn yet that didnt take an eon to decide what it wanted to be, and then ended up going with plain to let the colours shine! i know what you mean about monogamy. its just so booooooring!