Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Crafting in Progress

I have been taking advantage of my time off between gigs to get in some crafting (and a few other things). Spinning for long periods has been a rare experience in the past and I have really enjoyed the opportunity to make this happen. I have also managed to advance some knitting projects in that time.

On the weekend I attended the Pluckfluff Workshop along with nearly 30 others. It was a busy two days (at the end I was exhausted).




Top Left: Handspun Tussah Silk 2 ply approx fingering weight. (First all silk spin). Periwinkle Tones and Royal Blue. Soft and gorgeous.

Bottom Left: First Technique Spin from the Pluckyfluff workshop - Coils and other techniques (Using New Jade Single)

Top Centre Left: New Jade Merino Single Handspun.

Top Centre Right: Adding In - I have added in Nubbies and Fabric (others added beads, bells and flowers. This was fun (and one of those techniques)

Centre: Ada Lovelace Socks Completed and Blocked.

Centre Bottom: A Mixed Batt Spin using colours you didn't use regularly (red & white) and random grabs then navajo plied. (I was using a new bobbin that was doing some rather strange things at this point and sticking and releasing).

Top Right: Seraphim Shawl in Madeline Tosh Eyre light in Envy colourway (Gorgeously soft Green/Blue) Lots of stockingstitch to start.

Bottom Right: PluckyFluff workshop QuickCoils. This was hard work but the colours look great.

The workshop was wonderful and exhausting. I am not sure how much of it I will be inspired to use again - however I learnt heaps about my wheel and some great techniques that can be applied to lots of other things and got to spend two days with a whole heap of talented spinners.

3 comments:

missfee said...

learning new things is exhausting indeed

love the socks

DrK said...

its always good to learn new things, even if its to find out what you dont like. youre a beautiful fine spinner already, im sure you could have taught a few people a thing or two! yay, the lovelaces are finished!!

1funkyknitwit said...

I'm still in awe of Plucky it was a great weekend and you worked those quick coils like a mad woman possessed ! :D fun-fun-fun !!!!

That green shawl of yours is a show stopper and a gorgeous colour and knitted beautifully Jody.