Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Tour de Fleece Days 1 & 2

Day 1 and 2 of the Tour was a finish this project.


I have 375 grams of Skein Merino Silk tto spin. I had spun nearly 125 in singles. This fibre was not what I had first thought there was way more white and I had to rethink my plan.


Seeking advice from the likes of 1funkyknitwit and a few others I decided to try plying the finished singles. I have a couple of cones of commercial heavy lace/light baby weight yarn.



Day 1 involved just a little bit of spinning with just the first 125g completed as singles


Day 2 I managed to spin 125g of singles and ply it completing the second 125g on Day 3.



So the above became this - thick and thin and at the moment about 500metres of it with another 125g still to spin.


2 comments:

1funkyknitwit said...

This actually looks quite good Jody, considering there was so much white in it. I really like how you've spun it thick and thin and your choice of lace and colour to ply it with works very well :D

Bring tomorrow pretty please ;D ..me want a closer inspection...ehhehe
I give it a thumbs up so far !

Ruby Girl said...

It looks great, that is something I am going to learn to do....spin.