Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Year in Knitting and Spinning

2011 was an interesting year for me. A new job in April and some added responsibilities (Knitting related) in the second half of the year. A cancer diagnosis for a family member put things into perspective in late September (he is responding to treatment)!

I managed to complete only 13 knitting projects. Mostly shawls and some socks. I started a few cardigans but only finished one. I did spin up quite a bit of yarn and gave some away as gifts.

For 2012 I am going to be knitting what I want when I want! That's it. No big plans no big commitments just a chance to knit and spun when I can and to enjoy it!

On the needles at the moment
Diamond Fantasy Wollmeise 100% in Madame Souris and some Cotton Squares all in Bendigo 8 ply for a baby blanket.


2 comments:

DrK said...

its been a bit of big year hasnt it? im glad to see there is something purple and shawly on the needles at the moment. knitting squares from stash is very un-jp! heres to a 2012 with more time for the things/people that matter.

LynS said...

I think there should be some notion of 'degree of difficulty' in counting up knitting projects. You might have completed 'only' thirteen projects, but some of the shawls you've made this year have been complex and beautiful. Also, I imagine you counted the sets of Christmas baubles you knitted as a single project when in fact they had multiple items within the set. Your knitting is always inspirational.