Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

It's That Time Again - Sydney Film Festival

Wow it's been quiet here hasn't it.

I think I am struggling to come to terms with being pregnant and the demands it has on your time. I have just over 2 weeks of work left and I am also about to embark on the last pre-baby Sydney Film Festival.

My schedule is obviously a tad reduced from normal.

I am not taking any time off work - so no extra films
I am generally exhausted at the end of a standard working week so I will be skipping a few more than normal of the subscription films to keep myself up.

The Plan at present is to see

Ceaser Must Die
Mabo
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Moonrise Kingdom
Lore
Rampart
On The road
I, Anna
Tabu
(Skipping Amour here - I know but it's on late Sunday night and I am just not going to make it)
Alps
Once Upon a Time in Anatolia
A Simple Life
Marley (Hope I can hang in there for this another late night)
(Skipping a couple of days including  The King of Pigs, Polisse, Today & Barbara)
Dead Europe
THe Loneliest Planet
Neighbouring Sounds
Wuthering Heights
Monsier Lazhar
The Angel's Share
(Then alas skipping the final day due to a baby-related class - and Missing Gangs of Wasseypur Part 1 & Part 2)

A total of 19 films a paltry effort by my normal standards but one I think i might be able to achieve.

I will try to keep up my regular blogging schedule - but will see how I go.
Excited about the Film Festival as usual!

2 comments:

DrK said...

Even reduced this is such a great program. enjoy while you can!

LynS said...

Me too - excited about the film festival, that is. I'm only doing 15 films, but even so I'm having problems fitting them in with work and other commitments. I have a bit of overlap with you, but lots of different ones. I'm also planning to comment throughout on my blog. Will be interesting to compare our likes and dislikes.